Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum

Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum (http://www.molecularstation.com/forum/)
-   Zoology Forum (http://www.molecularstation.com/forum/zoology-forum/)
-   -   Can you name me some land animals that can kill a crocodile? (http://www.molecularstation.com/forum/zoology-forum/69281-can-you-name-me-some-land-animals-can-kill-crocodile.html)

Protagonist. 07-09-2009 06:17 PM

Can you name me some land animals that can kill a crocodile?

I am looking for land mammals that can kill a full grown Saltwater Crocodile with ease.

Can you name me at least 5?

&roo. 07-09-2009 06:17 PM

i dont know about that one.

a full grown salt water crocodile is a pretty vicious
animal.

jiajia1987 07-13-2009 02:34 AM

Re: Can you name me some land animals that can kill a crocodile?

i have once seen a hippopotamus killing one in a documentary. the croc was crushed by the strength of the teeth of that hippo!

zoologyzapper 06-10-2010 03:58 PM

An Elephant could trample one to death without too much difficulty, and a Hippo could likely kill one with its devastating bite (if you consider a Hippo a land mammal, that is). A Rhino could possibly kill one by spearing it with its horn. Lions are known to kill Nile crocodiles on occasion, and Tigers to kill mugger crocodiles, so it's possible they could kill a saltwater crocodile if they came into contact with it, but I wouldn't say they could do so 'with ease'. A human with the right weapon can kill just about anything, if that counts.

Alizxa 11-10-2010 07:05 AM

An elephant could trample one to death without too much difficulty, and a hippo could likely kill one with its devastating bite (if you consider a hippo a land mammal, that is). A rhino could possibly kill one by spearing it with its horn. Lions are known to kill Nile crocodiles on occasion, and tigers to kill mugger crocodiles, so it's possible they could kill a saltie if they came into contact with it, but I wouldn't say they could do so 'with ease'. A human with the right weapon can kill just about anything, if that counts.

mallee 01-22-2011 02:43 AM

Cape Buffalo can be a force to reckon with. They spear lions when they can, actually they are known to hunt lions, kill before being killed.

KenL62 01-24-2011 03:03 PM

A Hippo'

KenL62 01-24-2011 03:04 PM

apologies, didn't read previos post.

Noctoural88 10-25-2011 11:23 AM

To add to previous points, I couldn't imagine a Crocodile doing much against Polar bear and/or Grizzly Bear. More intelligence plus ridiculous strength.

AnimalPrincess 10-16-2012 12:52 PM

komodo dragon I imagine