Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > General Science Forums > General Science Questions and Layperson Board > Zoology Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Zoology Forum Discuss and Talk about Zoology and Zoology Protocols and Techniques.

Do you have to have A levels to work in a zoo? I would like to work with...

Do you have to have A levels to work in a zoo? I would like to work with... - Zoology Forum

Do you have to have A levels to work in a zoo? I would like to work with... - Discuss and Talk about Zoology and Zoology Protocols and Techniques.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Banned
Points: 265, Level: 5 Points: 265, Level: 5 Points: 265, Level: 5
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Do you have to have A levels to work in a zoo? I would like to work with...

...penguins at a local zoo, wondering...? about qualifications. I just want to be able to look after then and everything at my local Zoo, i was just wondering if i needed qualifications for that, i'm not the smartest person in the world?
Old 07-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1

oh go to your Zoos website, they should have volunteer opportunities And you dont need a good GPA to do that, they always need help.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Pipette Filler

It depends on what kind of job you are interested in at the zoo. If you are talking about the general well being of the animals and the enclosures then you probably would not need A-levels. If you mean medical care of the animals - i.e. a vet, then yes you definitely need A-levels (or equivalent) and a degree.

Why don't you take your a-levels and see how you get on? You could always have a part time job at a zoo whilst you study and if the a-levels don't work out then you could see about making it full time.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Pipette Filler

Oooooh, U r so lucky! I luv penguins!!!

What I would do is talk to the zookeepers at your local zoo. They are usually very nice people and are very happy to answer questions about the animals or the job that they do there. There are many different jobs at a zoo, and they will require different levels of education. The zookeeper will be able to help you figure all of that out. You may be able to gain some valuable experience by volunteering your time at the zoo, or perhaps working a part time job there. Experience is a great help in getting a job in the future. Good luck to you, it sounds very exciting!

Candy
Old 07-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Pipette Filler

Oooooh, U r so lucky! I luv penguins!!!

What I would do is talk to the zookeepers at your local zoo. They are usually very nice people and are very happy to answer questions about the animals or the job that they do there. There are many different jobs at a zoo, and they will require different levels of education. The zookeeper will be able to help you figure all of that out. You may be able to gain some valuable experience by volunteering your time at the zoo, or perhaps working a part time job there. Experience is a great help in getting a job in the future. Good luck to you, it sounds very exciting!

Candy

Tags
levels , work , zoo , _