Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > General Science Forums > General Science Questions and Layperson Board > Zoology Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Zoology Forum Discuss and Talk about Zoology and Zoology Protocols and Techniques.

What is the deal with Bigfoot?

What is the deal with Bigfoot? - Zoology Forum

What is the deal with Bigfoot? - Discuss and Talk about Zoology and Zoology Protocols and Techniques.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 08:17 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default What is the deal with Bigfoot?

Okay, their are 2 things about Bigfoot I do not understand,

1. How can Bigfoot not exist if their have been several documented sightings of him at night and daytime and with similiar descriptions. -Hairy, very tall, big shoulders, glowing eyes, brown/black/reddish hair, bipedal, roundish head?
I mean it's not like every single eye witness account is a complete fabrication or mis-identification. Their have been so many reported sightings over the years. Their have literally been people claiming they SAW the creature up close and in daytime. Think about that, human eyes claiming they saw two legged walking, very tall and hairy being. They can't all be fakes.

2. How can Bigfoot exist if no one has collected hair samples, DNA, droppings, corpses. I mean lets face it, this is the most powerful nation in the world, and it's the 21st century. How come no one has brought a dead or alive Bigfoot to life. We see bears, deer, elk, moose, wolves, etc. How could this creasture be so dam elusive, it doesn't make sense.
Pipette Filler
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1

well it's simple really, it's all a big hoax. this IS the 21st century as you pointed out which means making something seem real when it's really not, has improved over time. hollywood does it, animation studios do it, anyone that has the right equipment can do it! anyone can say they saw something and the "proof" they produce is as i said easily created. not to be rude, but i believe your question belongs in the mythology & folklore category.
Pipette Filler
Points: 744, Level: 14 Points: 744, Level: 14 Points: 744, Level: 14

I bet the government has proof of his existence just like UFO sightings and the Lock Ness Monster...they try and keep it covered up not to freak the rest of us out I think.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:32 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1

Default Re: What is the deal with Bigfoot?

I realize this is an older thread but interesting:
Quote:
several documented sightings
Try literally several THOUSAND documented US and Canadian sightings, encounters and other anomalies observed and associated with this undocumented (yet to be documented) hominoid, from police, gov officials, forestry rangers, FBI, doctors and just regular people like you and me... the list goes on and on... all who have nothing to gain by reporting it and most request anonymity. (bfro,net)

Not to mention over 700 beautiful track castings going back 60 decades or more and hundreds or thousands of miles apart where they were taken that all share the same dermal ridge pattern and mid-tarsal break, from all over the county taken in different years and decades.... YET all match each other, and hundreds of hair samples from all over the US and Canada that ALL come back; 'no known species' YET they all match each other. Ya!!

Only 1 out of 5 are reported, the other four not due to fear of ridicule. Now we have bigger sighting numbers.

Many so called main stream scientists, know-it-alls and naysayers (you know those that laughed at & ridiculed the ones lucky enough to see this hominoid and dared to speak about it) are in for a rude awakening very soon when Dr. Melba Ketchem renowned DNA expert gives a press conference (by Sept 2011) and coupled with the awaited Erickson will knock them on their collectives tails where they belong.

Up till 60 years ago people laughed at those who had huge gorilla sightings too (lowland gorillas) thought they were crazy.. who had the last laugh!

Are there fakers out there? Of course, no different than in other fields...but these charlatans are easily ferreted out.

I've attached 2 images (west coast east coast) both which show the massive amount of sighting locations (dedicated to this field of study) all pins colors (light blue, dark blue, green and yellow also foot print icons) represent a sighting or multiple sighting locations in the US.

Apparently I can only attached one image, east coast
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eastcoast.jpg (82.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 01-24-2011, 07:02 PM
M.D/Ph.D
Points: 3,877, Level: 41 Points: 3,877, Level: 41 Points: 3,877, Level: 41

Default Re: What is the deal with Bigfoot?

It will be still a lie until there is a corpulent body of facts that say the opposite. I'm not saying bigfoot does not exist but I must say I'm sceptic about it. The problem about the lack of credibility of the bigfoot issue is due to the great amount of charlatans among the people that report sightings.

Tags
bigfoot , deal , _