Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > General Science Forums > General Science Questions and Layperson Board > Zoology Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Zoology Forum Discuss and Talk about Zoology and Zoology Protocols and Techniques.

How long does it take for a robin to grow?

How long does it take for a robin to grow? - Zoology Forum

How long does it take for a robin to grow? - Discuss and Talk about Zoology and Zoology Protocols and Techniques.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 04:18 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default How long does it take for a robin to grow?

Just wondering... How long does it take? So, I was outside yesterday and I hear this screaming of some parent robins near our birch tree, I was so curious as to why they were so upset, because they would not stop making noise. My mom said it was because the cat was out, but I still felt like something wasn't right. Then to my suprise, on the ground was a baby robin, not injured, but in good condition; Right away, I was like "Where's the nest?!" I looked up and assuming that was the nest so high above me, Even a ladder couldn't go that high. I tried everything I could but I didn't want to hurt myself, now I'm taking care of the robin and he/shes doing pretty well.. I'm feeding it worms, and It seems to have a few rows of feathers, and more coming in. It's eyes are still closed, but I feel like they're going to open soon. So, about the question, how long does it take for it to grow? When should I let it free?
Old 06-25-2009, 04:18 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Contact your local animal services. They will be able to provide a better degree of care for the animal than you can. An inexperienced human taking care of such a small animal is an incredibly bad idea as it could be carrying disease (despite it's small size) and because they are extremely fragile.

Tags
grow , long , robin , _