Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > General Science Forums > General Science Questions and Layperson Board > Zoology Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Zoology Forum Discuss and Talk about Zoology and Zoology Protocols and Techniques.

Is there any scientific evidence in sleepwalking among animals?

Is there any scientific evidence in sleepwalking among animals? - Zoology Forum

Is there any scientific evidence in sleepwalking among animals? - Discuss and Talk about Zoology and Zoology Protocols and Techniques.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 08:17 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 779, Level: 15 Points: 779, Level: 15 Points: 779, Level: 15
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Is there any scientific evidence in sleepwalking among animals?

My cat who has never had a health issue was laying next to me when she suddenly stood up on her back legs and started swatting at the air then she fell over. I have in the past worked with animals and i have seen plenty of seizure due to neurological disorders and poisons being ingested but this was different. It was more like confusion and disorientation and then suddenly she was fine. I'm hoping for an alternative to neurological issues. (for those concerned i am taking her to the vet but there are no emergency clinics where we are so we have to wait until morning.)

Tags
animals , evidence , scientific , sleepwalking