Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > General Science Forums > General Science Questions and Layperson Board > Zoology Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Zoology Forum Discuss and Talk about Zoology and Zoology Protocols and Techniques.

Why Do People Like Certain Animals?

Why Do People Like Certain Animals? - Zoology Forum

Why Do People Like Certain Animals? - Discuss and Talk about Zoology and Zoology Protocols and Techniques.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 07:36 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Why Do People Like Certain Animals?

Why do some people like cats but not snakes and some people think it's ok to shoot deer but not dogs? Some people also think it's ok to swat a fly but not step on a rat. Some people also care more about bugs than plants. What is the reason for this? Is it because people somehow relate themselves to those animals or somehow think that those animals care more about them then food? I guarantee that any of those animals would trade you in for food if they were able to understand such things. People genetically think things with a large head to body and eye to head ratio are cute. Overcome your instincts and see things for what they really are. You are biased and fooled by your genetic makeup. with the exception of a few primates and birds, no animals understand or even think in the way that you do. Either decide to love all living things(including plants) or eat them all. Don't be a hypocrite.
Robert E, I wouldn't say it's a rhetorical question. I do want an answer. Yea, I did answer it with my own opinion in the description, lol. If there is no such thing as genetic thinking then how do animals know how to have sexual intercourse, walk when born, and mothers of many animals do specific actions for their young without being taught any of it? They are born knowing these things. That last question here was rhetorical.

Tags
animals , people , _