Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Animal and Molecular Model Systems > Zebrafish Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Zebrafish Forum Zebrafish Danio Rerio Forum. Discuss zebrafish, aquarium culture and molecular biology lab specimens.

Microinjection location?

Microinjection location? - Zebrafish Forum

Microinjection location? - Zebrafish Danio Rerio Forum. Discuss zebrafish, aquarium culture and molecular biology lab specimens.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 07:52 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Microinjection location?

Hello everyone, I just had a question regarding the procedures that people follow regarding microinjections into Zebrafish embryos.

Where inside the yolk do you typically aim to inject, where would you ideally want to inject? Does it depend on what you are injecting?

I understand that as long as it can be transported by the cytoplasmic streaming it should work, does that mean that injecting into the centre of the yolk would be sufficient?

Are there any applications, where one would have to inject closer to the cells, and where injecting only into the centre of the yolk would not work?

Overall, what I am trying to understand is what applications require injections closer to the cells, and what applications work just fine if you merely inject the material into the centre of the yolk.

Any kind of feedback would be appreciated!

Thank you
Old 10-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 177, Level: 3 Points: 177, Level: 3 Points: 177, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: Microinjection location?

Any answers for this question? I am wondering how to measure the variety of phenotypes i get in my fish after injection and I think my injection technique may be responsible...but if this is not true I would like to know that....

Tags
location , microinjection