Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Animal and Molecular Model Systems > Yeast Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Yeast Forum Discuss research on yeast the model organism. Post questions and topics on the molecular biology and genetics of Saccharomyces cerevisiae and other yeast species.

GAL4-DBD antibodies for immunofluorescence

GAL4-DBD antibodies for immunofluorescence - Yeast Forum

GAL4-DBD antibodies for immunofluorescence - Discuss research on yeast the model organism. Post questions and topics on the molecular biology and genetics of Saccharomyces cerevisiae and other yeast species.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 10:32 PM
Chang, Jennifer

Default GAL4-DBD antibodies for immunofluorescence

Hello, All!

I am looking for antibodies against the GAL4-DBD to verify that my bait constructs are indeed nuclear-localized. My bait is in pGBKT7 (Clontech Matchmaker). None of the commercially available antibodies (Clontech, Abcam, Santa Cruz) for GAL4-DBD are verified for immunofluorescence. I was wondering if anyone has used a GAL4-DBD antibody for IF and how well it worked. I have several bait constructs so I am hoping that I can use one antibody to verify nuclear localization for all of them. I only have an antibody against one of my baits and it works weakly for IF.

Also, I would also welcome any comments, hints, suggestions, or advice on general yeast two-hybrid techniques (especially library transformation) prior to running my actual Y2H screen.

Many thanks in advance!
-Jennifer

P.S. I can be e-mailed at [Only registered users see links. ] or at [Only registered users see links. ]

------------------------------------------------------------
This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is proprietary, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by return email and delete the original message. Please note, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The organization accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.
=================================

Old 06-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Summer Student
Points: 3,196, Level: 36 Points: 3,196, Level: 36 Points: 3,196, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: GAL4-DBD antibodies for immunofluorescence

My experience with GAL4 DBD Ab is that is is quite nonspecific, and perhaps for theis reason is not suitable for immunocluorescence?
The Following User Says Thank You to pigfarmer For This Useful Post:
jennifer.chang (06-18-2009)
Old 06-18-2009, 06:56 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 367, Level: 7 Points: 367, Level: 7 Points: 367, Level: 7
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: GAL4-DBD antibodies for immunofluorescence

Thanks, that's good to know.

Tags
antibodies , gal4dbd , immunofluorescence