I am not a microbiologist, but I know someone will understand my simple and possibly dum questions. I am allergic to brewers and bakers yeast.
I would love some understanding on the following:
Does yeast die at high temperatures? (example: if I use vinegar in a boiled broth/soup does the yeast die?)
Is yeast active after being backed in bread?
Naturally fermented vegetables with lactic acid, and fermented via lactic acid and lactobacillus bacteria - will there be yeast in it?
Since I am allergic to yeast, woudl this mean that I would be allergic to the a bacterial yeast strain too? (saccharomyces genus)
What other factors would kill yeast? Temperature? pH? UV?
If the yeast die and the condition becomes favorable one again (ie, temperature, food source.. etc) would the yeast again proliferate?
From what I understand, yeast ceases to proliferate and exist in environments that have an ethanol content of more than 15% (alcohol above 15% like brandy, rum,.. etc). True or False? Would someone allergic to yeast react to brandy for example?
Off the wall question. Candida albicans is also a fungus. Does it eat yeast as a food source? What is their relationship and some information about how they coexist (do they help each other?)
Thank you very much for any help here. The medical professionals who gave me this information about my allergy are complete idiots and were unable to answer a single question!