Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Protein Science > Western Blot Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Western Blot Forum Discuss western blotting and immunoblot in the western blot forum discussion board. Ask Questions about transfers, blocking, membrane antibody incubation and exposures.

Tetracycline concentration for protein stability assay?

Tetracycline concentration for protein stability assay? - Western Blot Forum

Tetracycline concentration for protein stability assay? - Discuss western blotting and immunoblot in the western blot forum discussion board. Ask Questions about transfers, blocking, membrane antibody incubation and exposures.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Tetracycline concentration for protein stability assay?

Hello,

I work with E. coli and I want to examine the stability of my protein of interest via Western blot. For this purpose I am planning to grow my cultures under conditions that induce the synthesis of my protein, harvest 1 ml sample and then add tetracycline for a certain period of time and harvest another sample. The idead is that tetracycline stops protein synthesis and if my protein is stable ithe amont of protein in both samples should be the same. If the protein is unstable its amount should decrease after tetracycline treatment.

My question is has anyone tried this before and if yes what tetracycline concentration would you recommend me? I suppose it should be higher than the usual tetracycline concentration used for selection (12 ug/mL) but so far I was unable to find an exact concentration for such a treatment in literature. Thank you very much!

Dilyana

Tags
assay , concentration , protein , stability , tetracycline