Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Protein Science > Western Blot Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Western Blot Forum Discuss western blotting and immunoblot in the western blot forum discussion board. Ask Questions about transfers, blocking, membrane antibody incubation and exposures.

iBlot Nitrocellulose membrane dried!

iBlot Nitrocellulose membrane dried! - Western Blot Forum

iBlot Nitrocellulose membrane dried! - Discuss western blotting and immunoblot in the western blot forum discussion board. Ask Questions about transfers, blocking, membrane antibody incubation and exposures.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 04:59 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default iBlot Nitrocellulose membrane dried!

Hi ,

I'm a new user of iBlot transfer system and I have a question for those who have much experience than I do . I've just tried to transfer proteins from a gel to a Nitrocellulose membrane using iBlot kit and apparently it works perfect since the ladder has completely transferred . However, after I disassemble the iBlot components (removing the sponge, the gel,...) I think I was slow enough so the membrane dried before moving it to the blocking buffer ! So is that going to affect the Ab binding ?

Thanks for your help.

Fahad
Old 12-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Graduate Student
Points: 2,830, Level: 34 Points: 2,830, Level: 34 Points: 2,830, Level: 34
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: iBlot Nitrocellulose membrane dried!

No, i don't think there is any need to worry about it.

And the blot not going to dry completely even if you left it for 1 hr since it always holds little fluidity. Even it is completely dry don't worry you will get good result.

Once in our lab we received a blot from other lab (completely dry state) to test few proteins and it worked. So go ahead with your western Blot.
The Following User Says Thank You to obama For This Useful Post:
fmhakami (12-21-2011)

Tags
dried , iblot , membrane , nitrocellulose