Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Protein Science > Western Blot Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Western Blot Forum Discuss western blotting and immunoblot in the western blot forum discussion board. Ask Questions about transfers, blocking, membrane antibody incubation and exposures.

Membrane Incubation Plates/Trays

Membrane Incubation Plates/Trays - Western Blot Forum

Membrane Incubation Plates/Trays - Discuss western blotting and immunoblot in the western blot forum discussion board. Ask Questions about transfers, blocking, membrane antibody incubation and exposures.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2011, 03:24 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Arrow Membrane Incubation Plates/Trays

This is a pretty straight forward question. I've looked online for quite awhile and have been unable to find plates/trays used for incubating the membrane that have a lid. I was curious what most of you use. Generally, we use a tip lid, or the box (to have the lid). The problem with this is that it takes nearly 40mL to cover the membrane which is too much. I am looking for something that can hold the membrane and cover it with 10mL. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1

Default Re: Membrane Incubation Plates/Trays

Using tip tray lids the size of your membrane or using a beaker that is about the size is the most efficient way to submerge the membrane without using a rotisserie or a heat seal bag. Personally- my antibody concentration is 1:10 so I use a rotisserie with the 50 mL disposable tubes and can get away with using only 4-3 mL of solution.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:30 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1

Default Re: Membrane Incubation Plates/Trays

We use the PerfectWestern Containers from GenHunter. They have 27 different sized Western boxes, so there is always the right size for what you need. For the standard mini gel size [their Medium (Cat. No. B101)], we can use as little as 2-3 mLs per Western. Much better than tip lids or conical tubes.

Tags
incubation , membrane , plates or trays