Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Protein Science > Western Blot Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Western Blot Forum Discuss western blotting and immunoblot in the western blot forum discussion board. Ask Questions about transfers, blocking, membrane antibody incubation and exposures.

Power supply mix up

Power supply mix up - Western Blot Forum

Power supply mix up - Discuss western blotting and immunoblot in the western blot forum discussion board. Ask Questions about transfers, blocking, membrane antibody incubation and exposures.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 12:31 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 419, Level: 8 Points: 419, Level: 8 Points: 419, Level: 8
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Power supply mix up

I just ran transfer of proteins on a PVDF membrane, and i turned on power supply but accidentally switched wires, red power adapter went in black hole, and black in red.. does it mean I have to do it all over again, because I dont know the current was there or not if they were mixed up,....
I cant believe I just did that..
anybody, please? What should I do,.,

Old 02-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Power supply mix up

Hi Welcome!
sorry to hear of your troubles.
How long did you run it with the wires switched? If it was for short time I would still continue, this is because the rate of transfer for the whole membrane area theoretically should be the same. It will not affect (significantly) your final outcome, just have less signal depending on time transferred.

If it was completely transferred the wrong way, and you do not see any bands on your membrane unfortunately you will have to re-do the experiment up to that point.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 419, Level: 8 Points: 419, Level: 8 Points: 419, Level: 8
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: Power supply mix up

I run it all the way, for 2 hours, yeah I got my proteins on a filter paper probably. I have tried to run it normal like I should have, but didnt get any proteins detected..

Thank you!

Tags
mix , power , supply