Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Protein Science > Western Blot Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Western Blot Forum Discuss western blotting and immunoblot in the western blot forum discussion board. Ask Questions about transfers, blocking, membrane antibody incubation and exposures.

Positive Dot-Blot, negative WB

Positive Dot-Blot, negative WB - Western Blot Forum

Positive Dot-Blot, negative WB - Discuss western blotting and immunoblot in the western blot forum discussion board. Ask Questions about transfers, blocking, membrane antibody incubation and exposures.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009, 02:54 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Positive Dot-Blot, negative WB

Hi Guys,

I am honored to have became member of such Community!

I am asking you help because I got a frustrating problem with WB.
I am searching an aromatasis enzyme (p450c17, 55 kDA) on rat brain homogenates but, at this time, I can't get any results. I am following a protocol validated for many other proteins I worked with and I can exclude any major problem durig the procedure at least until the transfer since the Ponceau staining revealed a good transfer, a good run of protein and the marker is well defined as well. However, the weird thing is that when I perform dot-blot I got a positive reaction. I am performing IF on the same brain region in order to see what will happen there, in the meanwhile as it regard WBi have no any idea or solutions on what to do.
I appreciate any suggestions....
Thanks!

Tags
dot blot positive , dotblot , negative , p450c17 , positive , wb negative