Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Protein Science > Western Blot Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Western Blot Forum Discuss western blotting and immunoblot in the western blot forum discussion board. Ask Questions about transfers, blocking, membrane antibody incubation and exposures.

Western Blot Stripping Blots

Western Blot Stripping Blots - Western Blot Forum

Western Blot Stripping Blots - Discuss western blotting and immunoblot in the western blot forum discussion board. Ask Questions about transfers, blocking, membrane antibody incubation and exposures.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 04:32 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 2,043, Level: 28 Points: 2,043, Level: 28 Points: 2,043, Level: 28
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Question Western Blot Stripping Blots

Hi, ive a blot that I'll work on first with Primary Ab that is monoclonal raised from goat. Then as secondary Ab, I'll use "rabbit anti-goat Ab".

Next I am planning to work on the same blot, this time with Primary Ab that is monoclonal raised from rabbit. Then secondary Ab, I'll use "Goat anti-rabbit Ab".

Do you think I should strip blot for the latter before proceeding? What worries me is that the secondary "Goat anti-rabbit" will interact with residual of secondary "Rabbit anti-goat".

Also do you think the protein interaction of secondary to primary Ab will break during the re-probing steps or that it's better to just STRIP?
Old 01-28-2009, 04:32 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Western Blot Stripping Blots

Hi again, I would definitely strip the western blot membrane before re-probing with another antibody
Old 01-28-2009, 04:33 AM
Graduate Student
Points: 3,826, Level: 41 Points: 3,826, Level: 41 Points: 3,826, Level: 41

Hi, you may succeed without stripping but you should inactivate rest activity of peroxidae (if you use HRP-labeled 2nd Ab) of first round by incubation with NaN3; then wash extensively. However I think your goat anti-rabbit will bind to the rabbit anti-goat... im getting confused...
Old 03-31-2011, 07:54 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 927, Level: 17 Points: 927, Level: 17 Points: 927, Level: 17

if you wait for a day or two in between your two probes it should not give you any trouble.I don't think these two 2nd Abs would cross-react,but who knows we always get unexpected backounds.You can go for two consequtive probings after a decent interval if you use two 2nd Abs of separate origins.But my suggestion is stripping is the better option.Good luck.
MB

Tags
blot , blots , stripping , western