Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Cell Biology and Cell Culture > Transfection Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Transfection Forum Transfection Forum. Cell transfection discussion including stable cells transfection, transient transfection. Troubleshooting and posting of discussions on lipofection, and reagents: Fugene, lipofectamine, and others.

Transfection MDBKs

Transfection MDBKs - Transfection Forum

Transfection MDBKs - Transfection Forum. Cell transfection discussion including stable cells transfection, transient transfection. Troubleshooting and posting of discussions on lipofection, and reagents: Fugene, lipofectamine, and others.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 12:59 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 121, Level: 2 Points: 121, Level: 2 Points: 121, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Transfection MDBKs

Hey fellow researchers,

I am desperatly trying to transfect MDBK cells. I've tried several chemical compounds like PEI and Lipofectamin as well as Calcium Phosphate. None of those methods yielded any positive results. Than I tried electroporation and although I get a good efficiency when using pEGFP, I get nothing when I try to transfect my plasmid (it is pretty big, aroung 13 kbp and contains a GFP cassette). I found a couple of publications that describe successful transfection with both Calcium Phosphate and electroporation but I haven't been able to reproduce those results. Does anyone have experience with MDBK cells and transfection and maybe has a hint for me?

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers,

Biotob

Tags
mdbks , transfection