Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Cell Biology and Cell Culture > Stem Cell Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stem Cell Forum Stem Cells and Stem Cell Culture. Embryonic Cell Forum and Mouse Transgenic Forum. Blastocyst injection, ES Cell Selection.

Stem cell culture troubleshoot help needed!

Stem cell culture troubleshoot help needed! - Stem Cell Forum

Stem cell culture troubleshoot help needed! - Stem Cells and Stem Cell Culture. Embryonic Cell Forum and Mouse Transgenic Forum. Blastocyst injection, ES Cell Selection.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 08:11 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Thumbs up Stem cell culture troubleshoot help needed!

Dear all,

I have recently resuscitated a liquid nitrogen frozen human bone marrow stem cells passage 0 sample into a t75 tissue culture flasks. The strange thing is that cells are not attaching to the plate after at 4 days. There were "things" attached to the flask bottom which are rounded -> unusual because these stem cells are supposed to have a fibroblastic appearance. The stranger thing is that these cells are exposed to fresh complete media similarly used for the same type of cells grown in other t75s. All underwent the same procedures, the rest survived yet this failed. I'm currently troubleshooting because there are no more available cells for this sample and it cost us a loss of $2000.

All brains out there, whats your take on this issue? what could possible have happen?

Many thanks
Old 05-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1

Default Re: Stem cell culture troubleshoot help needed!

Don't think its contamination issues because the other flasks are growing normally..
Old 08-04-2012, 09:01 AM
UnSubscribed Vendor Advertiser
Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorias View Post
Dear all,

I have recently resuscitated a liquid nitrogen frozen human bone marrow stem cells passage 0 sample into a t75 tissue culture flasks. The strange thing is that cells are not attaching to the plate after at 4 days. There were "things" attached to the flask bottom which are rounded -> unusual because these stem cells are supposed to have a fibroblastic appearance. The stranger thing is that these cells are exposed to fresh complete media similarly used for the same type of cells grown in other t75s. All underwent the same procedures, the rest survived yet this failed. I'm currently troubleshooting because there are no more available cells for this sample and it cost us a loss of $2000.

All brains out there, whats your take on this issue? what could possible have happen?

Many thanks
I have seen and heard of this issue, it must be progressive as a lot are saying something good about it
Old 02-22-2013, 08:19 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 166, Level: 3 Points: 166, Level: 3 Points: 166, Level: 3

Hello ,

Stem cell may be injured any where in a part of body . Stem cell are important because they have potential to cure a myriad of diaereses and conditions . They are cornerstone of early human development . I would suggest , lease contacting to a doctor and ask this treatment . I don't know more about this .

Tags
cell , culture , needed , stem , stem cells , troubleshoot