Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Cell Biology and Cell Culture > Stem Cell Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stem Cell Forum Stem Cells and Stem Cell Culture. Embryonic Cell Forum and Mouse Transgenic Forum. Blastocyst injection, ES Cell Selection.

Spiritual question to those who oppose embryonic stem-cell research?

Spiritual question to those who oppose embryonic stem-cell research? - Stem Cell Forum

Spiritual question to those who oppose embryonic stem-cell research? - Stem Cells and Stem Cell Culture. Embryonic Cell Forum and Mouse Transgenic Forum. Blastocyst injection, ES Cell Selection.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 01:19 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 197, Level: 3 Points: 197, Level: 3 Points: 197, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Spiritual question to those who oppose embryonic stem-cell research?

If you oppose embryonic stem-cell research I assume it's because it "kills a baby" (which isn't true, but I won't press on that). My question is why do you oppose embryonic stem cell research because it "kills" one life when it could potentially save thousands? If it leads to the development of a enormously beneficial medical break through, wouldn't it be okay? Also, if we get stem cells from an already aborted fetus, wouldn't that be better than getting nothing from it? I'm just curious to hear your thought on this. Thanks in advance.
I know you can use the placenta and umbilical chord. But I didn't want to get into that debate.

And where in the Bible does it say stemm cell research is a sin?
"while adult stem cell research and autographic stem cell research actually has made breakthroughs"

Stem cell research is still relatively knew and embryonic stem cell research was illegal in the U.S. for the past 8 years.
@christianman: Of course I would sacrifice my life to save thousands of other people.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:20 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1

Would you mind us killing you to save someone else? Be honest, and remember at least you have a choice.
Pipette Filler

"If it leads to the development of a enormously beneficial medical break through, wouldn't it be okay?"

keyword being "leads", while adult stem cell research and autographic stem cell research actually has made breakthroughs.

I'd say stick with what's been working.
Pipette Filler

scientific research has developed enough now that there are other ways to do the work.

Unfortunately cost for other methods is more. so now you have a dollars and cents issue on how much is a life worth.

Tags
embryonic , oppose , question , research , spiritual , stemcell , _