Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Basic Lab Protocols and Techniques > SDS-PAGE Gel Electrophoresis Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SDS-PAGE Gel Electrophoresis Forum SDS-PAGE Forum and Gel Electrophoresis Forum. Discuss the running of agarose gels, sds-page gels, and other gels including sequencing, gradient or tricine.

12.5% SDS-PAGE gel with vertical lines

12.5% SDS-PAGE gel with vertical lines - SDS-PAGE Gel Electrophoresis Forum

12.5% SDS-PAGE gel with vertical lines - SDS-PAGE Forum and Gel Electrophoresis Forum. Discuss the running of agarose gels, sds-page gels, and other gels including sequencing, gradient or tricine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 06:56 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default 12.5% SDS-PAGE gel with vertical lines

Hi,

I have run many Tris-Gly gels in the past, yet starting to face new problem recently and I don't know what causes it.

A couple of thin vertical lines appeared in my ressolving gel and interferes with the sample run. They are very thin lines (approx 1 mm width), some with few bubbles, but mainly they looked like a groove that goes from bottom to mid/top of ressolving gel.

I don't see the line appear till the gel polymerizes.

I thought it could be a scrach or dirt on the glass plates, yet couln't find anything plus I clean plates with EtOH kimewipe.

No one in my lab cannot figure out what causes it, and I would appreciate if anyone could enlighten me...

Thanks!!

Tags
125% , gel , lines , sdspage , vertical