Before joining PhD:
* I want to win the Nobel Prize.
* I want to win the Turing Award.
First year of PhD:
* I want to finish PhD in two years.
* I want to publish papers only in top tier conferences.
* I want to make ground-breaking research.
* I want to win the best PhD Thesis award.
Second year of PhD:
* I want to finish PhD in 5 years.
* I dont want any problem.
* Shall I change my advisor?
Third year of PhD:
* I want a paper; I don't care which conference.
* Shall I change my topic?
* I want to be known as Dr FALAN FALAN
Fourth year of PhD:
* I want to finish PhD!
* My industry-friends have two children by now. When will I get married?
Fifth year of PhD:
* Why did I come here?
* Why did I choose this advisor?
* Why did I choose this topic?
Sixth year of PhD:
* Someone give me a degree!
* I want to leave this place — for ever.
* Let me leave.
Seventh year of PhD:
* People call me uncle.
* She waited and finally married someone else...
* I don't want any degree. I just want to live peacefully!