Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > General Forum > Science Careers > Science Jobs Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Science Jobs Forum Lab Jobs Forum. Post and Discuss anything about Science jobs, careers and positions.

Spain how to get a job teaching science?

Spain how to get a job teaching science? - Science Jobs Forum

Spain how to get a job teaching science? - Lab Jobs Forum. Post and Discuss anything about Science jobs, careers and positions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2009, 05:18 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Spain how to get a job teaching science?

like many british I suppose I am interested in moving my family to spain.
I am a secondary science teacher. If you have experience of doing this I would appreicate any advice!

thanks
Old 06-27-2009, 05:18 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 350, Level: 6 Points: 350, Level: 6 Points: 350, Level: 6
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

If you want to be a teacher of secondary in Spain you need a course which is called in Spain CAP (Certificado de aptitud pedagógica- Pedagogic Aptitude Certificate). Perhaps in your country there is a similar course, and it may be accepted as well specially as Britain belongs to the European Union.
If you are interested to work in a public school you'll also need to pass some exams to work. They are very difficult to pass because may people take them and only the best ones are chosen. But if you get it you'll have a job for all your life.
Finally you'll nedd to speak spanish perfectly, I suppose you'll do. The only problem is that there are problems in getting jobs in Spain due to the current international economical crisis.
Good luck.

Tags
job , science , spain , teaching