Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > General Forum > Science Careers > Science Jobs Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Science Jobs Forum Lab Jobs Forum. Post and Discuss anything about Science jobs, careers and positions.

Which career paths in Computer Science will ensure that I won't be stuck in a

Which career paths in Computer Science will ensure that I won't be stuck in a - Science Jobs Forum

Which career paths in Computer Science will ensure that I won't be stuck in a - Lab Jobs Forum. Post and Discuss anything about Science jobs, careers and positions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 03:18 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Which career paths in Computer Science will ensure that I won't be stuck in a

cubicle? I'm currently graduating from high school, and I have worked my ass off academically to ensure that I can take whatever career path I wish. I'm going to Virginia Tech next year as an Engineering student, and I plan to enter Computer Science. Working with software development and project management is something I've always enjoyed, but now I'm beginning to question if it's what I want to do with my life. One thing I know is that I do NOT want to be stuck in a cubicle. To me, that's Game Over.

So, what would you suggest as a potential career? My current idea is to enter project management in software development or other Computer Science fields; I like leadership roles and I superficially believe it would keep me out of a cubicle. However, due to the setup of Virginia Tech's engineering program, I am still able to enter any field of engineering I like (though Computer Science is more my forte). I wouldn't mind a career in business, either, if it didn't involve a lot of travel. Basically, I want a job that will involve a lot of interaction with people.

I want to get this question out of the way early, while I still have time to react accordingly in college. Thank you all!
Also, please do not answer this question on a whim; please answer only have you have good reason to back up your response. Thank you.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Nobel Laureate
Points: 8,612, Level: 64 Points: 8,612, Level: 64 Points: 8,612, Level: 64
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: Which career paths in Computer Science will ensure that I won't be stuck in a

Civil engineering.

Tags
career , computer , ensure , paths , science , stuck , _