Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > General Forum > Science Careers > Science Jobs Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Science Jobs Forum Lab Jobs Forum. Post and Discuss anything about Science jobs, careers and positions.

Major in Political Science, minor in math...no specific career direction.?

Major in Political Science, minor in math...no specific career direction.? - Science Jobs Forum

Major in Political Science, minor in math...no specific career direction.? - Lab Jobs Forum. Post and Discuss anything about Science jobs, careers and positions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 06:16 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 685, Level: 13 Points: 685, Level: 13 Points: 685, Level: 13
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Major in Political Science, minor in math...no specific career direction.?

First of all, I want to say that I'm very unsure about what career I ultimately want to have and I've already been to career counselors and what not. The only thing I really know is that I'm good at math and I like learning. I also dont like business at all. Right now Im registered as a civil engineering major, but I am dying of stress from school and its going to take me 2 extra years of school to finish it, since I have changed majors so many times. I guess my real question is, would I be doomed (i know that word is a bit dramatic) if I get a liberal arts degree with no true passion or direction as far as a career is concerned. I really like politics and math, but would I be wasting my college education by studying these. My philosphy thus far has been that if Im going to be confused about my career, I'd rather be confused with an engineering degree than something else, since an engineering degree will never hold me back even if I never became an engineer. However, like I said, the stress of school has been overwhelming, I'll graduate 2 years late, and Im not even sure about it.

What do you think? Do you have a liberal arts major? What has your career been like and do you wish you did things differently?
Give me any advice you can. Thanks.

Tags
career , direction , major , mathno , minor , political , science , specific