Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum

Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum (http://www.molecularstation.com/forum/)
-   Science Careers (http://www.molecularstation.com/forum/science-careers/)
-   -   Hydrogen fuel cell technology news and updates (http://www.molecularstation.com/forum/science-careers/4034-hydrogen-fuel-cell-technology-news-updates.html)

deandre 09-29-2008 10:03 AM

Hydrogen fuel cell technology news and updates

I recently wanted to find information on hydrogen fuel cells. I did some research and found this site would be a good source, any of you know any other like this throw here.

admin 09-29-2008 10:22 AM

Re: Hydrogen fuel cell technology news and updates

Hello,
I have been watching about this and hope hydrogen fuel cells never happen at least thats my view right now. Electric cars seem the best way to power the world with solar cells on homes as main fuel source not coal. For bigger vehicles and aircraft, hydrogen cells seem to be important however from what i read and after watching "Who Killed the Electric Car?" I think its another 15-30 years until the hydrogen fuel cell.

Let me know if I am on track I really have a naive view on this field.
cheers and welcome to the forum :)

neelpandey 10-04-2009 01:33 AM

Great news

miozio 10-05-2009 04:52 AM

Some other type of batteries thats all. In my opinion its not so important for the search of new global enegry supplies! It all started with GM in 1966 and it never gained popularity!!

lala0453 10-26-2009 02:44 AM

Right on, write on about whatever you feel best.

jackquality 11-28-2009 01:59 AM

Hi

I know that these are many useful in this forum. Any body can take a moment sending it to my email.

Tks in adv

jacob.Emily 12-12-2009 05:09 AM

Actually federal money is being used to develop hydrogen fuel cells.
Penn State U, has made some recent advances in Hydrogen production, to increase the yield vs substrate reacted.
The biggest problem industry is seeing with hydrogen is finding an organism that will efficiently produce enough product to keep up with demand.
It can be taxed like any other gas that is sold for industrial use.

zhanlin9391 05-02-2010 01:26 AM

Thanks to share this information

SamTHorn 06-17-2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by admin (Post 9521)
Hello,
I have been watching about this and hope hydrogen fuel cells never happen at least thats my view right now. Electric cars seem the best way to power the world with solar cells on homes as main fuel source not coal. For bigger vehicles and aircraft, hydrogen cells seem to be important however from what i read and after watching "Who Killed the Electric Car?" I think its another 15-30 years until the hydrogen fuel cell.

Let me know if I am on track I really have a naive view on this field.
cheers and welcome to the forum :)

I saw that show. Great show and I hope there is some answer why the car companies did what they did. We can all speculate.