Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > RNA Techniques Forum > RNAi and SiRNA Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RNAi and SiRNA Forum Discuss and Post Questions in this forum about RNA interference and siRNA. RNAi and siRNA transfection, inhibition of endogenous genes, and miRNA and shRNA.

Absolute quantification of serum microRNA

Absolute quantification of serum microRNA - RNAi and SiRNA Forum

Absolute quantification of serum microRNA - Discuss and Post Questions in this forum about RNA interference and siRNA. RNAi and siRNA transfection, inhibition of endogenous genes, and miRNA and shRNA.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Absolute quantification of serum microRNA

Hello everyone
I have to perform expression profiling of microRNAs from serum samples. As there is no universal normalization method yet available, I intend to use synthetic c.elgans miR-39 or any other synthetic mirna microRNA for normalization. This method involves generation of standard curve and absolute quantification. However, I am new to this method and I don't know how to perform absolute quantification and generate standard curve. Therefore, if there is anyone with personal experience or knows how to do these steps, can you share the appropriate protocol?

Regards
Azeem Butt

Tags
absolute , microrna , quantification , serum