Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > RNA Techniques Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RNA Techniques Forum Post and discuss RNA methods and RNA science related topics. RNA extraction, cDNA synthesis, RNA EMSA, and other RNA protocols.

Yellow pellet after isopropanol precipitation

Yellow pellet after isopropanol precipitation - RNA Techniques Forum

Yellow pellet after isopropanol precipitation - Post and discuss RNA methods and RNA science related topics. RNA extraction, cDNA synthesis, RNA EMSA, and other RNA protocols.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Yellow pellet after isopropanol precipitation

During RNA extraction of larval stage nematodes, upon addition of isopropanol the solution turned yellow and after centrifuging, the pellet was yellow too. After washing with 75% EtOh the yellow pellet remained the same colour and even dissolved as yellow in H2O. I think it must be the isopropanol. The 260/280 values were ok but the 260/230 values were very very low making me think the isopropanol retained salts or something with the pellet. Any idea why this is and if there's anything I can do to fix it?
Old 09-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Pipette Filler

Default Re: Yellow pellet after isopropanol precipitation

Hi their

I'm facing the same problem during DNA extraction. Are you using Phenol:Chlorophorm:IAA in your extraction method. I get yellow aqueous upper layer when this extraction mixture not stored or prepared properly. But I still haven't figured out the problem.

Any one can give suggestions ??

Tags
isopropanol , pellet , precipitation , yellow