Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > RNA Techniques Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RNA Techniques Forum Post and discuss RNA methods and RNA science related topics. RNA extraction, cDNA synthesis, RNA EMSA, and other RNA protocols.

Help with RNA quantification please :)

Help with RNA quantification please :) - RNA Techniques Forum

Help with RNA quantification please :) - Post and discuss RNA methods and RNA science related topics. RNA extraction, cDNA synthesis, RNA EMSA, and other RNA protocols.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Help with RNA quantification please :)

Hi.

I'm looking at gene expression and so have run a reverse transcriptase pcr on my RNA samples. My supervisor said something about running a lambda ladder to do a rough analysis of expression. I can't do a blot or qrt-pcr as I have limited time and money for my project.
Anyway, I was wondering if I should do this lamda ladder straight from the rt-pcr samples or if I needed to somehow purify the target? I have tried to ask my supervisor but he's away at the minute () so hopefully someone on here can help?

Thanks

Tags
help & suggestions plz , quantification , rna