Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > RNA Techniques Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RNA Techniques Forum Post and discuss RNA methods and RNA science related topics. RNA extraction, cDNA synthesis, RNA EMSA, and other RNA protocols.

rna extraction from long term frozen tissue

rna extraction from long term frozen tissue - RNA Techniques Forum

rna extraction from long term frozen tissue - Post and discuss RNA methods and RNA science related topics. RNA extraction, cDNA synthesis, RNA EMSA, and other RNA protocols.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2008, 04:00 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 433, Level: 8 Points: 433, Level: 8 Points: 433, Level: 8
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default rna extraction from long term frozen tissue

Helo ,
my samples are spleen and I use roch"high pure RNA tissue kit" for extraction.my samples are store in -70 freezer since 2000 .some of them have good quality RNA. but some of them have very low OD 260(about 0/003).I use TRIZOL for these samples and it results the same as the kit.even I have samples that have OD26=0.5(2g/l) and ratio 260/280=1.8 but real time rt-pcr on this samples doesnt work.I have checked all item in realtime rt-pcr and I think the problem is my RNA.
thanks a lot
shamila
Old 08-04-2008, 11:16 AM
Volunteer
Points: 1,944, Level: 27 Points: 1,944, Level: 27 Points: 1,944, Level: 27
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: rna extraction from long term frozen tissue

as u said the frozen is well why should the problem be in the rna try the rt_pcr kit with another insured result first if the rt pcr give the suppoesd result as we know previously so the rt pcr works well and your rna have problem if it does not give the promising result so the rt pcr have the problem and your work is great ok?

Tags
extraction , frozen , long , rna , term , tissue