Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Protein Science > Recombinant Protein Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Recombinant Protein Forum Recombinant Protein Forum. Discuss purification, expression, and isolation of recombinant and cloned proteins here.

problem with expression of untagged protein - wrong size

problem with expression of untagged protein - wrong size - Recombinant Protein Forum

problem with expression of untagged protein - wrong size - Recombinant Protein Forum. Discuss purification, expression, and isolation of recombinant and cloned proteins here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 01:39 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 491, Level: 9 Points: 491, Level: 9 Points: 491, Level: 9
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default problem with expression of untagged protein - wrong size

Hello everyone,
I have a problem with expression of untagged fragments of proteins in pet28a vector.
I try do do in vitro expression in E.coli. When I put lysate after sonication & centrifugation on the gel and stain it with Coomassie, I can see nicely expressed protein bands but the size of proteins is wrong (and - what is even more interesting - the same for all fragments). My fragments are N- and C-terminal fragments of the same protein.
I sent bands to Mass spectroscopy but peptides identified in samples don't match my protein.
I'm sure I didn't make mistake during transformation (repeated) and contructs are sequnced (so there is no premature STOP codon etc)
I want to mention that when I tried to do expression of the same fragments but their version with HIS-SUMO tag from similar vector everything was ok.
Any ideas?
I would appreciate help very much

Last edited by Mirabilis; 05-14-2013 at 01:40 PM.

Tags
expression , problem , protein , size , untagged , wrong