Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Protein Science > Recombinant Protein Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Recombinant Protein Forum Recombinant Protein Forum. Discuss purification, expression, and isolation of recombinant and cloned proteins here.

Which GST of phi and tau classes should I work on?

Which GST of phi and tau classes should I work on? - Recombinant Protein Forum

Which GST of phi and tau classes should I work on? - Recombinant Protein Forum. Discuss purification, expression, and isolation of recombinant and cloned proteins here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Which GST of phi and tau classes should I work on?

Hello,

I have started my phd in France two days ago and I am working on GST (model organism : poplar) of the phi and tau classes with a focus on the ones contributing to safeners resistance. I will basically clone and produce them in order to realize kinetics and structural analysis. The phi and tau class of poplar are represented by 9 and 58 genes so I cannot characterize them all. I was wondering what are the questions I should ask myself to pick some of those GST. Beside the fact that they should be implicated in safeners resistance, I don't really know on what I should base my choices. I think I should pick the ones that have not been extensively studied. Maybe I can see how their amino acid are similar and when 2 amino acid sequences are strongly similar I can rule out one of them. Any suggestion?
(Don't worry I'll meet my advisor next week and I think he will clue me a bit on the matter but the more opinion I have the better it is)

Thank you very much and keep the good work up

Tags
classes , gst , phi , tau , work