Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Protein Science > Recombinant Protein Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Recombinant Protein Forum Recombinant Protein Forum. Discuss purification, expression, and isolation of recombinant and cloned proteins here.

Purification gone wrong what to do?

Purification gone wrong what to do? - Recombinant Protein Forum

Purification gone wrong what to do? - Recombinant Protein Forum. Discuss purification, expression, and isolation of recombinant and cloned proteins here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 08:27 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Purification gone wrong what to do?

Hello there, I'm new to this forum.
I'm currently working on a recombinant protein with a C-term hexa His tag. When I open my cell cultures I got like 5% in the soluble fraction, the rest remain aggregated in the pellet. I run a step of Nickel purification on a column and see 4 bands, 3 bands in addition to my recombinant protein. These additional bands have been identified as various e. coli proteins by mass spectrommetry. I collect fractions and run a step of anion-exchange, again I see the same pattern of contaminant e. coli proteins. Gel filtration indicatates a soluble complex of these proteins as they elute in the same fractions.

I have tried purification under denaturing conditions because I have so much protein in the pellet. The idea is to make purification easy and then refold.

I treat with Urea (8M) in all buffers etc. still I see this same pattern of 4 bands, I try with Guanidine HCl (6M), DTT (10mM), Triton X-100 (0.1%) and still I have these 4 bands.

I simply don't get why I can't separate more efficiently, and have these proteins and be stucked to my recombinant protein.

Any ideas?

Tags
purification , wrong