Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Protocols and Methods Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Protocols and Methods Forum Post Any Protocol, Method, Technique, Procedure or Tips / Troubleshooting for any Molecular Biology Technique.

Need help for EMSA(GElshift assay)

Need help for EMSA(GElshift assay) - Protocols and Methods Forum

Need help for EMSA(GElshift assay) - Post Any Protocol, Method, Technique, Procedure or Tips / Troubleshooting for any Molecular Biology Technique.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 10:35 AM
Mandar Ankolkar

Default Need help for EMSA(GElshift assay)

Dear Mr. Heinz-Juergen Schaefers,
*My name is Mandar. I am a PhD student from India. I am trying to do EMSA(Gelshift assay)* for my work . However I want to bind antibody to my DNA instead of a nuclear extract or a protein. I came across your thread posted in Bionet (I know long back but still..). I was wondering can I use the same protocoland the recipies of the buffers that you have posted for my case also. I am feeling a little worried about the DTT and PMSF and triton X which will kill my antibody. Also can you tell me the significance of the MgCl2 and EDTA in the protocol. If you have any useful and article or reference on EMSA protocol, Kindly forward it to me.

Waiting for your reply,

Thanking You,

Mandar

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to [Only registered users see links. ]

Tags
assay , emsagelshift