Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Protocols and Methods Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Protocols and Methods Forum Post Any Protocol, Method, Technique, Procedure or Tips / Troubleshooting for any Molecular Biology Technique.

Granuloma histology

Granuloma histology - Protocols and Methods Forum

Granuloma histology - Post Any Protocol, Method, Technique, Procedure or Tips / Troubleshooting for any Molecular Biology Technique.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2006, 09:54 AM
Ruhaifa Mahmoud

Default Granuloma histology

Dear all

I've induced granuloma by implanting a sterile cooton pellet with known weight for 7 days in rats.
So i want to do histology to confirm that i have a true granuloma with it's specializes features.
Here in my lab, i can follow only the classical paraffin method for light microscope. I am thinking of using HE for staining, and because of the previous hardening problems due to cotton, i've already removed the cotton and placed it in bouin's fixative and will use Ethanol-xylene for dehydration and clearing. in addition, i'm trying to look for efficiency of plant extract in treating the granuloma for 7 days, so i will do histology for control and treated ones.
Could you please help me in finding the ideal procedure for slides preperation.

Thanks in advance.

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Get on board. You're invited to try the new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

Tags
granuloma , histology