Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Protein Science
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Protein Science Post Questions and Discuss Protein Structure and Function, Protein Localization etc.. Please do not post Proteomic questions here, there is a Proteomic Forum below.

servers for predicting protein properties based on primary sequence

servers for predicting protein properties based on primary sequence - Protein Science

servers for predicting protein properties based on primary sequence - Post Questions and Discuss Protein Structure and Function, Protein Localization etc.. Please do not post Proteomic questions here, there is a Proteomic Forum below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Question servers for predicting protein properties based on primary sequence

Hey guys and gals

The problem is that while the proteins belong to the same class, they're from different families, so it's not like there's just a point mutation that will separate them and there's insufficient data available in the literature regarding thermal/chemical denaturing for me to evaluate all the sequence side by side.

Thus, i'm hoping to find at least some sort of digital means to help me compare all the sequences that i've found and then i'm going to compare at least a few that i could find in the literature against the output

i'm interested in comparing proteins from the same class for stability/folding and expression - basically, i'd like to pick the most stable one that would likely be expressed well in Ecoli. any thoughts or suggestions?
I was going to use propparam from expasy and ProSo, but am open to more suggestions and would love to hear what you have to say
cheers,
m

Tags
based , predicting , primary , properties , protein , protein expression , protein folding , protein solubility , sequence , servers