Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Protein Science > Protein Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Protein Forum Protein Forum

BD baculovirus system- swap tag

BD baculovirus system- swap tag - Protein Forum

BD baculovirus system- swap tag - Protein Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 09:53 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Question BD baculovirus system- swap tag

Hi,

I am currently using the pAcSecG2T vector (BD BioSciences). This is a transfer vector containing gp67 signal sequence at the N-terminus, followed by GST-tag, then the protein of interest. My previous attempt to express a protein using this system was successful. However, for some reason, the GST-fusion protein does NOT bind to my glutathione column. I suspected that the GST tag is somehow affecting the proper folding/conformation of my protein. Therefore, I tried to replace the GST tag with a 10xHis tag. Now, using this newly constructed transfer vector (sequence verified), I did the transfection again. However now, I could not detect the production of His tagged protein. I have attempted the transfection twice... still no protein detected in tranfection (media collected 4 days post transfection) by western with anti-His antibody.

I am wondering if anyone has attempted to do this & has success. I can't think of any reason why this should not work...

Tags
baculovirus , histag , recombinant protein , swap , system , tag