|Register||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Post-doctoral Post and Discuss Questions about Post-doctoral (Post-Doc) Jobs, Salaries, and Opportunities.|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Re: where to study post doc in abroad?
1. This is the hardest step: Figure out what you want to research.
2. Have a chat with your PhD supervisor, and/or another professional scientist that you know to get recommendations for who are good scientists and good mentors in the field of research that you want to work in.
3. Get your CV ready and find at least 3 people (Usually supervisor +2 other professional scientists) who will write you a positive letter of recommendation. It's best to find the most prominent people that you can. Be super polite when asking for letters, because they are really doing you a huge favor. Also it's best to use more senior scientists (as opposed to postdocs) because they will have much more experience writing recommendations.
4. Send your CV and a cover letter directly to lab heads that you want to work for. You should have a cover letter that gives a brief description of your research interests and why you want to go to that specific lab.
5. Apply for any funding that you might be eligible for. If you have your own money for research it will give you much more flexibility in terms of where you can go for a post-doc. Also many labs may expect you to get your own funding to stay in the lab. Many fellowships expect you to name the laboratory you will be working in so this is something you might do once you have found a lab you are interested in. Certainly keep an eye on deadlines for fellowship applications though.
|abroad , doc , post , study|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Human Cytome Project - Update 24 Jan. 2005||Peter Van Osta||Cell Biology and Cell Culture||1||08-01-2010 02:18 PM|
|POSTopec Fusione Fredda REFLUOPETROLIO LEVItazione MAGNETICA MagLEVscorie mafia CFR KO Global Democrazia TRIVOLUZIONE Era Ora ! CavalLETTA jerecuccata e fuga in SOL DO maggiore Tripoli HAMMANET cameragni CFR mafiaassirobabilonese comuscisti||LEVIMOLCAatYAHOOGROUPSdotCOM FrancoLeviATtiscaliDOTit||Forum Chimica||0||09-29-2009 12:19 PM|
|Human Cytome Project - Update 6 Jan. 2005||Peter Van Osta||Cell Biology and Cell Culture||0||01-06-2005 10:18 AM|
|Sci.chem FAQ - Part 1 of 7||Bruce Hamilton||Chemistry Forum||0||01-15-2004 08:06 AM|
|MAKE EASY MONEY FAST !!!||Adwithers2||Chemistry Forum||0||08-11-2003 04:43 AM|