|Register||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Physics Forum Physics Forum. Discuss and ask physics questions, kinematics and other physics problems.|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Pioneer speaker input? 6x9s mazda 3?
seem so removed from those others which we
say are the same as those with which we compare them! The sensation from the
fire, that warmth which affects us in a manner wholly different from touch,
the reception of sound and light, all this appears to us mysterious, and yet
it is material like the blow of a stone. It is true that the smallness of
the spirits which enter into the pores touches other nerves, but there are
always some nerves touched.
369. Memory is necessary for all the operations of reason.
370. Chance gives rise to thoughts, and chance removes them; no art can keep
or acquire them.
A thought has escaped me. I wanted to write it down. I write instead that it
has escaped me.
371. When I was small, I hugged my book; and because it sometimes happened
to me to... in believing I hugged it, I doubted....
372. In writing down my thought, it sometimes escapes me; but this makes me
remember my weakness, that I constantly forget. This is as instructive to me
as my forgotten thought; for I strive only to know my nothingness.
373. Scepticism.--I shall here write my thoughts without order, and not
perhaps in unintentional confusion; that is true order, which will always
indicate my object by its very disorder. I should do too much honour to my
subject, if I treated it with order, since I want to show that it is
incapable of it.
374. What astonishes me most is to see that all the world is not astonished
at its own weakness. Men act seriously, and each follows his own mode of
life, not because it is in fact good to follow since it is the custom, but
as if each man knew certainly where reason and justice are. They find
themselves continually deceived, and, by a comical humility, think it is
their own fault and not that of the art which they claim always to possess.
But it is well there are so many such people in the world, who are not
|6x9s , input , mazda , pioneer , speaker|