It was amazing how often he was pulled over, and the cheesy reasons the
"Your tail light was broken"
He got out with the camera still on, showed the tail light was fine, and
asked the officer what he was talking about.
"Oh, you're right. Sorry."
He was pulled over again and again and again.
The New Jersey State Police admitted they were targeting black drivers.
Pulling them over, and searching their vehicles inch-by-inch.
* The New York Times, December 14, 1995, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
* Six officers - five whites and one Asian-American - have plead guilty
* to corruption charges, including illegal searches, lying under oath
* and planting false evidence.
* The guilty pleas have led to a review of more than 1,600 arrests of
* mostly black and Hispanic suspects that were made by the officers
* from 1987 to 1994.
* Fifty-six convictions have already been overturned.
* The New York Times, November 26, 1995
* "Several Blacks Sue Beverly Hills, Asserting Bias by the Police"
* by Kenneth B. Noble
* Saying they had been victims of a callous police force, six blacks
* filed suit this week against the City of Beverly Hills, including
* the Police Chief and the Mayor.
* The plaintiffs include a handyman at a local church and the mother
* of two young boys, all of whom say they or their familie