|Register||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Physics Forum Physics Forum. Discuss and ask physics questions, kinematics and other physics problems.|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
festival interrupts Osama Satam el Hajeb's lunch
George's amused astonishment.
* "Don't mock me," the couple remembers Emmett warning them.
* She had subscribed to the magazine for its impressive photography, and
* had written to the Soviet embassy to thank them for sending an icebreaker
* to free some whales, as suggested by a television show host.
How foolish of her to put her real name and return address on the letter.
* "Teen Sues FBI, Wants FBI File Purged", NYT, 11/12/89
* Todd Patterson, 17, became the object of an FBI investigation when he
* wrote to foreign governments as part of a sixth-grade project. He says
* he is interested in a Foreign Service career and worries about the
* effect the FBI files might have on his chances of obtaining security
* clearances. [snip]
* The Pattersons said that they began hearing interference on their
* telephone, including voices, after the visit by the FBI agent and that
* about 50 pieces of mail Todd received from foreign governments from 1983
* to 1988 showed signs of tampering.
* But a Justice Department lawyer told the court, "Just because they heard
* funny noises on their telephone and some foreign mail was damaged doesn't
* mean we should start rummaging through agency files and asking if there
* was a wiretap.
The FBI insists on keeping a file ("but we 'closed' it") on him even
though they should have seen he was not a threat to national security.
Fear, loathing, hysteria, and spying on our reading habits:
The FBI also had their counter-intelligence unit start a "Library Awareness
Program", which meant they wanted to know everyone who checked out certain
|festival , hajeb , interrupts , lunch , osama , satam|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|festival interrupts Osama Satam el Hajeb's lunch||Johnny F. Woulard||Physics Forum||0||08-22-2007 10:51 PM|