|Register||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
|Physics Forum Physics Forum. Discuss and ask physics questions, kinematics and other physics problems.|
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
book exports Agha Binalshibh's garage
for the Board of Education, said they
* would work with the Transit Authority to individualize the number of
* trips per student to adjust for extra-curricular activities.
Then you could track each individual student? Decide if they might be truant
including if they didn't use it, or went the wrong way?
* "Last Clink for Token-Only Turnstiles"
* By Garry Pierre-Pierre, The New York Times, May 14 1997
* The last token-only turnstile was ripped out today.
* Officials have spent $700 million over a four-year period to automate the
* system, including upgrading the electrical wiring and the computer systems
* to link up the vast network.
* Tokens will be eliminated in a year or so.
* For years, transit riders and advocates have been demanding discounts like
* other cities, but transit officials said they couldn't do it without an
* electronic system.
* In 1995, the Transit Authority lost $300 million in city, state and Federal
* subsidies, and had to reduce and eliminate some bus and subway service,
* along with some cleaning. Not counting the long-promised discounts, the
* city is also offering free bus-subway transfers which will cost it another
* $168 million.
They are hurting for money, yet spent $700 million on it to offer discounts?
They aren't expecting to monitor individual users, like in Singapore, are they?
Let's see...they don't print them up in advance, so they can't be stolen.
But each token booth has a video camera, which, if synchronized time-wis
|agha , binalshibh , book , exports , garage|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|book exports Agha Binalshibh's garage||Betty Y. Knighton||Physics Forum||0||08-23-2007 12:50 AM|
|Books on Ayurveda , Tibetan, Unani & Alternative Medicine (New Releases)||naresh gupta||Botany Forum||0||06-15-2006 04:33 AM|
|FS: Old Physics-Related Books||Oldbooks78||Physics Forum||0||08-27-2003 02:32 PM|