1. a primer
2. high salt concentration
4. DNA polymerase
Which regions of DNA are transcribed to
RNA and then translated to form a polypeptide?
3. poly(a) tail
4. tata box
Regulatory proteins shut off transcription by
binding to which site immediately in front of
and often overlapping the promotor?
3. transcriptional control
A DNA sequence is changed from TATAGAAAT to ATTAGAAAT. What type of mutation has occurred?
1. recessive mutation
2. frameshift mutation
3. deletion mutation
4. inversion mutation
5. point mutation
DNA replication occurs
1. after telophase I.
2. when the chromosomes align at the cell’s
3. prior to prophase I.
4. in both meiosis I and meiosis II.
What accounts for the uniform diameter of
the DNA molecule?
1. The alternating sugar and phosphate
backbone coils around the outside of the helix.
2. One side of the DNA molecule has an
unconnected 5’ phosphate group and the opposite end has an unconnected 3’ hydroxyl
group.3. The 3’ carbon of one deoxyribose and
the 5’ carbon of another deoxyribose bond
4. A purine always bonds with a pyrimidine.
5. The two sides of the DNA molecule are
held together by hydrogen bond