Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum. Discuss and ask questions about PCR troubleshooting, PCR protocols and methods, PCR products, and PCR theory.

Need help with PCR reaction as soon as possible?

Need help with PCR reaction as soon as possible? - PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum

Need help with PCR reaction as soon as possible? - PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum. Discuss and ask questions about PCR troubleshooting, PCR protocols and methods, PCR products, and PCR theory.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 08:15 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Need help with PCR reaction as soon as possible?

Guys, I am stuck with PCR reaction for more than month. The reaction is about to make a template using three oligonucleotides for further use. The three olioges are: First oligo as a template 3'-5'. forward 5'-3'( Tm1 51, Tm2 70) and the Reverse 5'-3' ( Tm1 44, Tm2 79). I did 2cycle of PCR using 42 as Tm1 and 72 as Tm2 and Green Go Taq. However I got lower bands that i dont need ( the meaning, secondary products that i dont not need and it is lower than my product. So I gave it another shot using 2 round of pcr and this is what i did:- I use the 3-5 olig as a template and i just used the reverse, In this reaction i got the product of interest and the expected fragment, so i used it as a template for the second round and i used 48 as Tm1 and 72 as Tm2 ( 2 cycles) but i got secondary products that are upper level of my fragment of interest even if they are so thin but still. I am just really confused and cannot do this reaction any more. PS I did PCR purification, and I used denaturing page 8% Polyacrylamide gel to analyze my products.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:36 PM
Nobel Laureate
Points: 8,612, Level: 64 Points: 8,612, Level: 64 Points: 8,612, Level: 64
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: Need help with PCR reaction as soon as possible?

Could be Primer Dimers in the first round of PCR--desalting through a spin column (sephadex or acrylamide) gets rid of them, as well as diluting them out.

Tags
pcr , reaction