Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum. Discuss and ask questions about PCR troubleshooting, PCR protocols and methods, PCR products, and PCR theory.

FRagile x pcr

FRagile x pcr - PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum

FRagile x pcr - PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum. Discuss and ask questions about PCR troubleshooting, PCR protocols and methods, PCR products, and PCR theory.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011, 06:18 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 65, Level: 1 Points: 65, Level: 1 Points: 65, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Question FRagile x pcr

I am currently trying to standardise FMR1 gene mutation by PCR method. the region is highly repititive for CGG repeats and highly gc rich. I am using long primers 35nt length with high GC content > 85%, and tm 80 and 92. I am using the roche expand long template pcr kit with buffer 2 and high fidelity polymerase with hotstart method . I tried the conditions as 98X10min, 98X45 sec,64X1 min,68x2min and 68x 7 sec. Itried betaine in the concentration of 1.7-2.2 molar and q soltion , DMSO 10 %, but did not get any ampification . Then i tried various mgcl2 with 2.5-4 millimol. still no band.
I carrried the reaction with qiagen hot start , still no amplification. IF anyone worked with it lease help me
Old 01-30-2013, 04:35 AM
Volunteer
Points: 932, Level: 17 Points: 932, Level: 17 Points: 932, Level: 17
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: FRagile x pcr

A group of mutations characterized by trinucleotide repeat expansion causes human diseases such as the Fragile X syndrome, Huntington disease (HD), and myotonic dystrophy. Methods based on PCR amplification of the CGG and CAG repeats region could facilitate the development of a rapid screening assay; unfortunately, amplification across CGG and CAG repeats can be inefficient and unreliable due to the G + C base composition. [Only registered users see links. ]

Tags
fragile , high gc content , pcr