Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum. Discuss and ask questions about PCR troubleshooting, PCR protocols and methods, PCR products, and PCR theory.

Thermo Scientific Hybaid MultiBlock Thermal Cycler (MBS) software, MBS controlling so

Thermo Scientific Hybaid MultiBlock Thermal Cycler (MBS) software, MBS controlling so - PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum

Thermo Scientific Hybaid MultiBlock Thermal Cycler (MBS) software, MBS controlling so - PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum. Discuss and ask questions about PCR troubleshooting, PCR protocols and methods, PCR products, and PCR theory.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 01:29 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 830, Level: 16 Points: 830, Level: 16 Points: 830, Level: 16
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Thermo Scientific Hybaid MultiBlock Thermal Cycler (MBS) software, MBS controlling so

Hello,
I'm looking for the MBS controlling software for Thermo Scientific Hybaid MultiBlock Thermal Cycler (MBS).
I would appreciate any suggestion regarding how to get (find) or where to download the software.

Thank you.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 241, Level: 4 Points: 241, Level: 4 Points: 241, Level: 4

Default Re: Thermo Scientific Hybaid MultiBlock Thermal Cycler (MBS) software, MBS controllin

Alas, this is way too late for you I suppose, but for future wastelanders who wander this way I just posted version 2.01 (and 1.08) of the software online since I have access to it in our lab. If you download it, remember to seed, lest it disappear forever!

[Only registered users see links. ]

Last edited by seanspotatobusiness; 11-08-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 78, Level: 1 Points: 78, Level: 1 Points: 78, Level: 1

Default Re: Thermo Scientific Hybaid MultiBlock Thermal Cycler (MBS) software, MBS controllin

Dear all,
perhaps someone can help me to inform again where I can find the software for hybaid thermal cycler ??
The link which was posted by seanspotatobusiness is already dissapear T_T

thank you very much for your help...

best regards

rendi
Old 12-14-2010, 06:10 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 830, Level: 16 Points: 830, Level: 16 Points: 830, Level: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendi View Post
Dear all,
perhaps someone can help me to inform again where I can find the software for hybaid thermal cycler ??
The link which was posted by seanspotatobusiness is already dissapear T_T

thank you very much for your help...

best regards

rendi
Hi Rendy,
You have to have 3 things in order to run PCR on Hybaid MBS cycler:
1. Hybaid MBS cycler;
2. Installed MBS software;
3. A dongle.

If you don't have the dongle, then the MBS Software does not run.

Regards.

Ilya
Old 12-14-2010, 06:18 AM
Pipette Filler

By 'dongle', I think rep6400 is referring to a special expansion card which is needed to interface between the computer and the thermocycler. Further information is available in the files I made available for download. The link is still there - you have to be signed in to see it. I guess that you registered to post but didn't see that the link had appeared after you registered. Try again, now. Good luck
Old 12-14-2010, 08:31 AM
Pipette Filler

Dear Ilya,
I have a Hybaid thermal cycler MBS 0.2S, but I don't have others (dongle and software)
I bought the cycler from ebay but without software. I tried to get the software from thermo science, but the price is to expensive for me (i'm a student). Moreover, i didn't find any information that we need a dongle for working with hybaid MBS cycler. Any how...thank's for your suggestion

Best regard
Old 12-14-2010, 08:45 AM
Pipette Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rep6400 View Post
Hi Rendy,
You have to have 3 things in order to run PCR on Hybaid MBS cycler:
1. Hybaid MBS cycler;
2. Installed MBS software;
3. A dongle.

If you don't have the dongle, then the MBS Software does not run.

Regards.

Ilya

Dear Ilya,
I have a hybaid thermal cycler 0.2 MBS but not the others (dongle and software). I bought it from ebay without software. I looked in thermo science for software price and it is more expensive than the cycler that i bougth from ebay Moreover, i'm just a student and it seems the software is to expensive for me ..
ABout the dongle, I couldn't find any information about it for using my cycler (Hybaid thermal cycler MBS 0.2) in thermo science catalog or even the appropriate dongle for that cycler type.
Anyhow..thank you very much for your information.

best regard
Old 12-22-2010, 11:28 AM
Pipette Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanspotatobusiness View Post
By 'dongle', I think rep6400 is referring to a special expansion card which is needed to interface between the computer and the thermocycler. Further information is available in the files I made available for download. The link is still there - you have to be signed in to see it. I guess that you registered to post but didn't see that the link had appeared after you registered. Try again, now. Good luck
Dear Seanspotatobusiness,
I registered already in the web where you upload the files, but I found there isn't anymore links for downloading the files. It seems the links already disappears

Could you upload it again..

thank you very much

best regards
Old 12-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Pipette Filler

Hi, I don't think you need to register with the website which links to the torrent and the link definitely still works. Perhaps you aren't clicking in the right place. Go to: [Only registered users see links. ] and click on 'download .torrent'. You will need to have a client such as utorrent installed in order make use of the file and get the software.
The Following User Says Thank You to seanspotatobusiness For This Useful Post:
rendi (01-17-2011)
Old 03-18-2011, 12:10 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1

Dear Seanspotatobusiness,
Torrent doesn’t work anymore. I would be very grateful if you could upload it again.
I need to install Hybaid control software on the new computer but do not have installation disk.

Best wishes

Tags
controlling , cycler , hybaid , mbs , multiblock , scientific , software , thermal , thermo