Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum. Discuss and ask questions about PCR troubleshooting, PCR protocols and methods, PCR products, and PCR theory.

Composition of 5X Green GoTaq Buffer ?

Composition of 5X Green GoTaq Buffer ? - PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum

Composition of 5X Green GoTaq Buffer ? - PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum. Discuss and ask questions about PCR troubleshooting, PCR protocols and methods, PCR products, and PCR theory.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Composition of 5X Green GoTaq Buffer ?

Hi,
I seek the composition of a buffer but, for the moment, i've not anything yet found... So, I'm registered here hoping that a person will have the answer to my question

What is the composition of the "5X Green GoTaq® Flexi Buffer" ?
I think that there are KCl, glycerol... and Tris-Hcl ?... but is that all ? and what concentration ?

Best regards,
Z.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:55 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 138, Level: 2 Points: 138, Level: 2 Points: 138, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: Composition of 5X Green GoTaq Buffer ?

From the Promega website, I think this is what you're looking for

Quote:
The 5X Green GoTaq® Reaction Buffer contains two dyes (a blue dye and a yellow dye) that separate during electrophoresis to show migration progress. The buffer also contains a compound that increases sample density. This means that samples can be loaded directly onto gels without the need for loading dye. The blue dye migrates at the same rate as a 3–5kb DNA fragment in a 1% agarose gel. The yellow dye migrates at a rate faster than primers (<50bp) in a 1% agarose gel. The 5X Colorless GoTaq® Reaction Buffer has the same formulation as the 5X Green GoTaq® Reaction Buffer but does not contain dyes and is recommended for any applications where absorbance or fluorescence measurements are necessary prior to PCR cleanup. Both buffers are supplied at pH 8.5 and contain MgCl2 at a concentration of 7.5mM, giving a final concentration of 1.5mM in the 1X reaction.

Cat.# M7911 and M7921 contain MgCl2 at a concentration of 7.5mM, giving a final concentration of 1.5mM in the 1X reaction. Cat.# M8901 and M8911 do not contain magnesium.
The full product details are on the website (can't post the link right now). But you could probably just go to Promega and search by one of the catalogue numbers above.

Tags
buffer , composition , gotaq , green