Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum. Discuss and ask questions about PCR troubleshooting, PCR protocols and methods, PCR products, and PCR theory.

PCR duplex bad problem

PCR duplex bad problem - PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum

PCR duplex bad problem - PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum. Discuss and ask questions about PCR troubleshooting, PCR protocols and methods, PCR products, and PCR theory.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Volunteer
Points: 5,425, Level: 50 Points: 5,425, Level: 50 Points: 5,425, Level: 50
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Angry PCR duplex bad problem

Hi there,
I’m tring to reproduce a ASO-PCR able to discriminate between two different strains. The ASO is due by using three different primer: a forward one and two reverse pair; the former reverse is able, with the forward, to amplify an internal control, while the latter reverse gives an amplicon shorter than the previously one but able to discriminate between the two different strains. So the discrimination power of the PCR is due only by the second reverse primer. The problem is these strain differ from each other from only two pair of bases. I tried a lot of experiments but so far I was not able to discriminate, I mean, the two PCR are positive with the same sample, so I can’t cluster my samples. Does somebody know a good site having informations and troubleshooting about ASO-PCR?
Many thanks in advances.
regards

Last edited by amicia; 09-16-2008 at 06:34 AM.

Tags
bad , duplex , pcr , problem