Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum. Discuss and ask questions about PCR troubleshooting, PCR protocols and methods, PCR products, and PCR theory.

Trouble with genomic PCR

Trouble with genomic PCR - PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum

Trouble with genomic PCR - PCR - Polymerase Chain Reaction Forum. Discuss and ask questions about PCR troubleshooting, PCR protocols and methods, PCR products, and PCR theory.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2007, 02:54 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 2,187, Level: 29 Points: 2,187, Level: 29 Points: 2,187, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Unhappy Trouble with genomic PCR

Hello there,

We recently bought some mice strains that need genotyping. We are currently using the DNA extraction method from Promega (lysis buffer with EDTA, overnight incubation with proteinase K, isopropanol, etc, etc). It works well sometimes, but lately we are not getting any PCR products. The last time we got a very sharp standard ladder and positive controls, but my samples are are smeared. I can not even get GAPDH. My positive control ( from the company) works well, but my samples at the same concentration do not.
I used this kit before, and had no problem, but lately it has been very frustating. Any ideas? Any new genomic DNA extraction that works better?
Old 10-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 1,922, Level: 27 Points: 1,922, Level: 27 Points: 1,922, Level: 27
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: Trouble with genomic PCR

Hello Cintiad

I Am Using High Pure Of Roche For Extraccion Of Adn
And Work Very Well. Is Kit To Have For 100 Samles.
Need Centrifuge For Apendorf And Hot Bath.

I Hope Is Good For You

Bye For Now

Margarita

Tags
genomic , pcr , trouble