Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Omics and Genomics Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omics and Genomics Forum Discuss and post questions about Genomics, Proteomics, Drug discovery, and Interactome research.

Opinions wanted for an anti-cancer thesis please!

Opinions wanted for an anti-cancer thesis please! - Omics and Genomics Forum

Opinions wanted for an anti-cancer thesis please! - Discuss and post questions about Genomics, Proteomics, Drug discovery, and Interactome research.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2010, 01:14 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 74, Level: 1 Points: 74, Level: 1 Points: 74, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Opinions wanted for an anti-cancer thesis please!

Hi there everyone,

I am a master degree student and am interested to do my thesis in the field of cancer, especially in the area of cancer and drug resistance. However, since the field is highly competitive in these days followed by like to find a research niche I came-up with a small hypothesis/plan, but certainly not sure whether itís already established issues and missed to locate the right literatures or whether it might be worth to experiment further with the expensive techniques such as gene targeting/knock-out or RNAi, etc..? Not at all sure..!

So being in this basic preparative situation, I would like to ask your opinion for the following question. Please allow me to explain the proposal-question in a simplistic form: Imagine there are 3 genes are located in a genomic region. Among the 3 genes, 2 of them are partner to each other (i.e. ligand and receptor, for an example) and itís regulate the normal physiological functions. The third gene plays something different function; itís regulating the drug resistance, for an example. In this scenarios, whatís your opinions please Ė whether the signaling pathway and or functions from the 3rd gene might influence upon other partner genes during drug treatment (because theyíre residing in a same genomic regions...) or itís just doesnít matter (staying together 3 genes and playing different functions) and itís just an evolutionary in nature..?

Any of your suggestions/opinions and or feedbacks, including any literature suggestions etc are very welcome and appreciated.

Thank you very much for your courteous attention, in an advance.

stemcellresources.blogspot.com, connecting cancer and stem-cell with personalized cancer medicine

Tags
anticancer , opinions , thesis , wanted