Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > General Forum > Molecular Biology News and Announcements > Molecular Station Suggestion Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Molecular Station Suggestion Forum Molecular Station Suggestion Forum. Post your suggestions, questions, and site comments here.

Cloning of PCR product

Cloning of PCR product - Molecular Station Suggestion Forum

Cloning of PCR product - Molecular Station Suggestion Forum. Post your suggestions, questions, and site comments here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Pipette Filler
Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Cloning of PCR product

Hi,

I am trying to clone my PCR product into pEGFP-N1 plasmid. My PCR product is 349bp. My primers have sites for BamH1 and HINDIII along with 4 more random bases. Double restriction digestion was done with HINDIII and BamHI from promega. I did tried ligation for 3 hours at RT with Promega and Overnight too. I get more colonies in my plates with insert than the control plate, but after screening the colonies I get them without my insert. I was using Taq polymerase for my PCR so thought may be due to A overhangs my restriction digestion is not working so I tried with phusion too. I also thought and tried the Zero Blunt TOPO kit from invitrogen to clone my product but unfortuantely failed too. Please give me suggestions for where I am going wrong.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:29 PM
Post-Doc
Points: 2,383, Level: 31 Points: 2,383, Level: 31 Points: 2,383, Level: 31
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: Cloning of PCR product

It sounds like one of your restriction enzymes may not be working. Try digesting your plasmid with each enzyme individually, and then run a diagnostic gel to see if this linearizes the plasmid (you'll no longer see the supercoiled form if they are). If both are working, maybe try doing individual digests (i.e. digest with HindIII, purify, then with BamHI).

Another possibility is that you are using way too much DNA. Try diluting everything 1:100, but otherwise keep everything else the same.

Bryan

Tags
cloning , pcr , product