Go Back   Science Forums Biology Forum Molecular Biology Forum Physics Chemistry Forum > Molecular Research Topics Forum > Molecular Biology Techniques > Molecular Cloning Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Molecular Cloning Forum DNA cloning forum. Discuss the cloning of plasmids, vectors, DNA, RNA, cDNA, proteins, and other molecules for expression, sub-cloning, and other methods. Also discuss digestion, ligation, transformation, plasmid preparation, cDNA library screening, and competent cells here.

Cloning unknown promotor

Cloning unknown promotor - Molecular Cloning Forum

Cloning unknown promotor - DNA cloning forum. Discuss the cloning of plasmids, vectors, DNA, RNA, cDNA, proteins, and other molecules for expression, sub-cloning, and other methods. Also discuss digestion, ligation, transformation, plasmid preparation, cDNA library screening, and competent cells here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2014, 09:27 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Cloning unknown promotor

Dear all,

I want to clone a promotor and test it with a GFP fusion construct in vivo later on. I have looked at the cDNA sequence as listed on Ensembl. The startcodon of the gene of interest lies within the second exon. The 5' UTR is about 500 bp long. I want to start with an amplificaton of 3 kb and test that piece of sequence. I am unsure about the 5 'UTR, do I have to include that or not?

Thank you.
Old Yesterday, 07:40 AM
Pipette Filler
Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Default Re: Cloning unknown promotor

blast !

Tags
cloning , promotor , unknown